Author David Graser, Yavapai College, Prescott, AZ (David_Graser@yc.edu)
This is an early project I used for several semesters in Finite Math. It is based on a problem from a textbook and has not been altered to allow for multiple student projects. In this problem students form a standard minimization problem based transportation costs.
- Content Area – Finite Math
- Time Frame – 2 to 3 weeks with mini-lectures
- Published – December 8, 2008
- Keywords – linear programming
- This problem can be customized to allow for many student versions by tweeking the budget levels or by changing some of the transportation costs.