Our objectives in this section are to
- Utilize the complement of an event to calculate the likelihood of an event.
- Calculate the probability of the union of two events.
- Calculate the probability of the intersection of two events.
- Combine compliment and union to compute the probability of an event.
- Compute conditional probabilities from formulas.
- Use contingency tables to compute conditional probabilities.
- Use probability trees to compute conditional probabilities.
- Determine when two events are dependent or independent.
Use the workbook and videos to learn more about union, intersection, and conditional probability.
Section 2.4 Workbook (PDF) 8-18-19
Section 2.4 Practice Solutions
Videos by Mathispower4u by James Sousa is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.